Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Two year annivesary of Officers Sean Clark and Jeff Shelton death

On this date in 2007 we lost two of our own in a deadly shooting. Officer Sean Clark and Officer Jeff Shelton were both shot and killed in the line of duty. Please keep their familes in your prayers today. It really dosen't seem like its been two years. I remeber like it was yesterday when my nephew called me and asked if I was working and told me about the shootings. Both these officers are honored on this blog and I hope that they will never be forgotten.

John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

In reading this verse I think of all the fallen officers over the years. Then I think of one man, Jesus Christ, who died for all that no man should perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Thank you Jesus for covering my sins with your blood. You showed the greatest love of all.

No comments: